Thursday, April 2, 2009

Orlando Sentinel Front Page


Since I was born and raised in Orlando, I had a hard time not jumping at the chance to look over the city's [probably] most renowned paper, the Orlando Sentinel.

Today's edition of the paper, I feel, is one of the most appealing front pages listed on the Newseum website. Its masthead is large and loud, but unobtrusive, and the stories are laid out in an "L" shape, with the main story fitting into the crook of the "L." The main story, titled "It Could Cost More" surrounds it's very short opening text with graphics and tables, all in color. The dominant photo is a new Chevy Malibu, which is probably the most appropriate tangible object to show, given that the story is about a tax that will affect car owners and people who go to court.

Overall, I'd say that today's paper definitely had an eye-grabbing front page, with a very clean, legible layout and lots of great graphics to keep its Floridian audience entertained.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this page is designed very nicely. Is there anything you would have done differently? According to design expectations today, I fell that this cover is a bit text heavy. It all works very well, But I wonder, due to the lack of pictures, that it might appeal less to the readers. You always have to wonder about the power of graphics. I do not think that the car, although placed well on the page, is a very captivating graphic that is going to get people to want to pick up the paper. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete