Friday, April 24, 2009

Page 6

I had three articles and no pictures to start out with in designing this page.  I got the theatrical picture from PIEDMONT College's website (I feel like such a moron for spelling that wrong on the page's headline!)  I really like the picture even though it isn't really specific to the story because it adds some intense color to a page that would have been pretty bland without it.  Her face is also pointing to the article which is a nice added touch.

I got the picture Chloe Silva in the lower left portion of the page by searching through her Facebook photos (fortunately her profile was set so I could see it or else I wouldn't have been able to get a picture of her!)  I like the picture even though, again, it's not exactly specific to the article but I think it shows some character.

For the last article, I really wasn't sure what I could find a picture of besides getting a mug shot of one of the sources.  I didn't like that idea so I decided to go for a graphic and thought it would look nice to have music notes under the text to guide the reader's eye to the article.

We talked in class about not being conservative with front page designs so I wanted to see some professional pages who follow that rule.  I liked the Winston-Salem Journal's page because the picture of President Obama is so dominant but they still give attention to the swine flew and other important matters.  I also liked this page from the Dothan Eagle.  They covered the swine flew really well and I liked how the break between stories on the cover is not quite in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment